Implant dentistry could give you back a full, confident smile. Find out how...
Tooth loss can happen to anyone, no matter their age. While we often associate tooth loss with older adults, as many as 69 percent of adults between the ages of 35-44 have lost at least one permanent tooth. Our dentists Drs. Jeffrey and Jodi Johnson provide implant dentistry to patients living in and around St. Louis, MO, who are missing teeth.
The Restorative Dentistry that’s Also Cosmetic
While we often think of implant dentistry as a restorative treatment performed by our St. Louis, MO, family dentists, implants also offer some cosmetic benefits. In fact, more and more people dealing with tooth loss are turning to implants because they mimic the functionality and look of a real tooth in a way that no other tooth replacement option can.
The Benefits of Dental Implants
Since an implant acts just like a real tooth you better believe that it also offers some pretty incredible and one-of-a-kind benefits. Here are just some of the benefits,
- A dental implant will prevent bone loss and keep your jawbone strong. This is because the implant is placed into the jawbone where it naturally fuses with the bone, stimulating bone growth.
- An implant offers a very high success rate of up to 98 percent. If you are a healthy individual who is missing at least one tooth then you could benefit from dental implants. Implants are also made from titanium, which is a durable biocompatible material that the body is not likely to reject.
- Having a full smile will provide your facial muscles with the support they need to prevent sagging and wrinkled skin.
- An implant is made from artificial material so it won’t decay. Of course, our dental team still encourages you to come in every six months for cleanings and to maintain good oral hygiene.
- This false tooth is durable enough to last for decades.
Who doesn’t want a warm and relaxing environment when getting implant dentistry or other dental treatments? Our St. Louis, MO, dental team provides a comfortable space where you can restore your smile and know that you are in good hands throughout your implant treatment process. Call our office today at (314) 427-7400 to discuss dental implants.