Need advice from your St. Louis, MO, dentist?
Restorative procedures are used to treat issues such as tooth decay, the breakdown of enamel, or tooth loss, just to name a few. Good oral hygiene is vital for your overall health. Here are some tips your St. Louis dentists advise you do to maintain dental restorations:
- Brush your teeth for at least two minutes twice a day while holding the brush at a 40-degree angle to clean hard-to-reach areas.
- Professional dental cleanings every six months to remove hardened plaque that's accumulated on teeth and around gums.
- Floss at least once before bed, and make sure to floss between every tooth and areas between teeth and gums.
Here are a few restorative procedures that are available to help damaged teeth:
- Crowns: These are dental caps that fit over weak and/or unsightly teeth to improve your smile and reinforce your teeth.
- Dental Implants: This restorative procedure replaces your tooth root when you've suffered from tooth loss.
- Root Canal Therapy: This is procedure is vital when someone has an infected or inflamed dental pulp that needs to be disinfected.
- Veneers: These porcelain restorations are similar to crowns but they are cemented on the surface to hide unappealing issues like crack, dents, and yellowed teeth.
- Bridges: This restoration is similar to dental implants but it doesn't replace a tooth root, just the gap left from losing a tooth.
If you have any questions or concerns about taking care of your dental restorations, just call Drs. Jeffrey and Jodi Johnson, your St. Louis, MO, dentists at (314) 427-7400 today!