The Benefits Of Tooth Colored Fillings
posted: Mar. 31, 2021.
Modern dental techniques offer new creative restorative methods to produce pleasing, natural-looking smiles. If you are in the St. Louis, MO, area, our skilled dentists located in St. Ann, MO, offer tooth-colored fillings to keep your smile healthy.
More About Tooth-colored Fillings
They are composite fillings made from tooth-colored materials that restore decayed or damaged teeth. They blend well with enamel and the process requires a single visit to your dentist's office, according to The Journal of the American Dental Association.
Advantages of Tooth-colored Fillings
- They don't require a large healthy part of the tooth because of the composite materials' ability to bond easily.
- No one knows you have fillings.
- They don't leave a gray tint like other types of fillings.
- Your St. Louis dentist uses them to replace metal fillings.
- Unlike metal fillings, tooth-colored fillings can be used on frontal teeth.
- Tooth-colored fillings restore people's smiles and overall self-esteem.
Caring for Fillings
A filling may last between 7-20 years, but this largely depends on the size and location of the filling, as well as each person's dental hygiene. Caring for your fillings is pretty simple. Here are some tips to follow:
- Brush your teeth a minimum of twice a day using a soft-bristled toothbrush. Make sure to hold your brush at a 40-degree angle and brush in circular motions on the tooth's surface and near the edge (near the gums).
- Floss at least once before bed. You want to make sure you remove food debris that may stick between teeth and under gums. Here are a few flossing methods you can follow: Flossing Methods.
- Rinse mouth with mouthwash and drink plenty of water.
- Visit your dentist twice a year for regular dental checkups.
Do you need a consultation?
If you'd like to learn more about tooth-colored fillings, don't hesitate to contact our skilled St. Ann, MO, dentists, serving the St. Louis, MO, area by calling (314) 427-7400.